2017 Toy Fair Media Coverage
For the sixth consecutive year, Professional Public Relations (PPR) was appointed by the Australian Toy Association (ATA) to undertake a comprehensive media relations campaign for ATA’s flagship event, the Australian Toy, Hobby and Licensing Fair.
Over the course of the program, PPR delivered high value and widespread television, print and online coverage which reached an audience of approximately 4.5 million people for the ATA, the Toy Fair and its exhibitors.
In the lead-up to the Toy Fair, PPR secured a full page, pre event piece with the Herald Sun which outlined toys that are expected to be popular this year as well as comments from David Hendy (ATA Spokesperson) in relation to 2017 toy trends.
The piece was also syndicated to Herald Sun (online), Gold Coast Bulletin (print and online), Townsville Bulletin (print and online), Geelong Advertiser (print), The Daily Telegraph (print) and Sunshine Coast Daily (print).
Over the course of the program, PPR delivered high value and widespread television broadcast. Highlights being the fantastic live cross with the Today Show showcasing the Toy Fair winners and an action packed Channel Seven News piece which ran nationally.
Further to this, outstanding TV coverage was generated across Channel Ten News as well as Nickelodeon TV.
Kids Screen online and Gizmodo also covered the Toy Fair.
For any media enquiries about the 2017 or upcoming 2018 Toy Hobby and Licensing Fair please contact:
Eli Grynberg at Professional Public Relations
(03) 8643 1624
2017 At A Glance
- Total attendance 4,962
- Number of exhibitors 200
- Total Buyers 3,330
2017 Award Winners
Product of the Year Award Winners:
- Toy of the Year - LOL Surprise Tots Doll - Headstart International Pty Ltd
- Action Toy of the Year - Ben 10 Rust Bucket - Headstart International Pty Ltd
- Collectable Range of the Year - Cutie Cars Shopkins S1 3 Pack Assorted - Moose Enterprise Pty Ltd
- Construction Range of the Year - Flexo Beginners Pack - VR Distribution
- Craft & Activity Toy of the Year - Oonies Starter Pack - Moose Enterprise Pty Ltd
- Doll of the Year - LOL Surprise Tots Doll - Headstart International Pty Ltd
- Educational Product of the Year - Hape Mountain Mine - Educational Experience Pty Limited
- Games Toy of the Year - Watch Ya Mouth - VR Distribution
- Hobby Product of the Year - Hyper Drone Family Racing Kit - Global Discovery
- Nursery Product of the Year - Sleep Tight All Night - Jasnor (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Outdoor Toy of the Year - Nerf N-Strike Elite Accustrike Alphahawk - Hasbro Australia Limited
- Pre-School Toy of the Year - Toot-Toot Gold Mine Train Set - VTech Electronics (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Specialty Award - Gund – My Magical Sound & Lights Unicorn - Jasnor (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Australian Development Award - Baby Secrets – Headstart International Pty Ltd
Licensed Property of the Year Award Winners:
- Boys License of the Year - Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice, Warner Bros
- Girls License of the Year – Trolls, The Fusion Agency
- Best Promotional Campaign - Sesame Street: Cookie Monster and Australian Red Cross, Haven
- Pre-School License of the Year - Play School Celebrating 50 years, ABC Commercial
- Boutique License of the Year – Entertainment & Character - Hey Duggee, BBC Worldwide
Stand of the Year Award Winners:
- Best Shell Scheme Stand – Ballerina & Me
- Best Open Space Stand up to 100sqm – The Brand Exchange
- Best Open Space Stand 101sqm-200sqm – Big Balloon
- Best Open Space Stand over 200sqm – Crown & Andrews
- Best New Exhibitor Stand – Spinmaster